EpiPens’ price increase is a matter of life and death

Bridget Everson and her parents found out she was allergic to peanuts and tree nuts at a family party. She was 2 years old when her throat swelled up and she stopped breathing.

Her parents called 911. By the time the paramedics arrived, Everson was “flat-lining,” she said. Her parents think that some sesame sticks she had eaten had been contaminated with nuts.

She was given a shot of adrenaline in the ambulance, to counter the anaphylactic shock.

Read the full story here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s